Workshop on ‘Carbonate Reservoirs’
“Challenges In Petrophysical Evaluation And Rock Physics Modelling Of Carbonate Reservoirs, Likely Elucidations And Way Forward”
30th November – 01st December 2017
Time: 9.30am – 5.30 pm
Venue: Victor Menezes Convention Center (VMCC) Building,
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay,
Powai, Mumbai Pin-400076
This workshop aims to explore the challenges associated with well log and core data analysis. It further strives to integrate the results obtained by rock physics and petro-physics and can give a new dimension of clarity to the study of carbonates. Research and development in the areas of carbonate reservoir characterization and porosity partitioning can bring about a great turning point in the history of hydrocarbon exploration.
The workshop will provide comprehensive exposure to everything that goes into modeling and evaluation of a carbonate reservoir. Through series of talks and presentations from faculties and Industry Experts, participants would be exposed to latest research and technologies employed to study carbonate reservoirs, partitioning of porosities, petro-physical parameterization, rock physics modelling and seismic reservoir characterization.
Categories for abstract submission:
- Geological Processes in Carbonates: porosity and permeability distribution
- Carbonate Rock Characterization Techniques: Historical perspective and Future Trends
- Integration of log with core data
- Empirical models in carbonate reservoirs
- Petrophysical and rock physical models
- Seismic reservoir characterization, latest trends and solutions